Examination is an integral part of education. If we strengthen the system of examination, it will exert enormous impact in the process and the product of any academic programs. The Directorate of examination is determined towards assuring quality and uniformity in medical education throughout the country by implementing robust system of examination.
In the present context, the major focus of the directorate is to conduct common postgraduate entrance examination at the earliest date, followed by that for undergraduate and super specialty (eg. DM/MCh) programs. The salient features of the entrance examination conducted by Medical Education Commission (MEC) would be:
- National common entrance examination to encompass all the academic institutions conducting medical/health professional courses so that students get rid of troubles due to several entrance examinations for the same academic programs and levels.
- Objective tests with technology-driven evaluation system with less human intervention.
- Merit based selection of the candidates among their choices through computer matching system.
- The merit is also applicable for pursuing National Board Specialty (NBS) degree to be conducted through MEC
- The pass score in the entrance examination is also a mandatory requirement for issuing eligibility certificate by MEC for pursuing the postgraduate courses abroad.